Вы услышите рассказ гида. Определите, какие из приведённых утверждений A1-A10 соответствуют содержанию его повествования (A, B или C). Обведите номер выбранного вами варианта ответа. Вы услышите запись дважды.
Welcome to Dover Castle!
Author: ООО "Центр Продуктивного обучения"
A1. What is the guide's name?
A2. If you want to ask a question you should...
A3. Who burnt down the castle in the eleventh century?
A4. When did the French attack the castle?
A5. Who built the tunnels?
A6. When were the tunnels first used as a Military Command Centre?
A7. The tunnels could accommodate up to thousand soldiers.
A8. The organization "... Heritage" owns Dover Castle now.
A9. What has Dover Castle been used as recently?
A10. What is the guide's talk mostly about?
Грамматика и Лексика
Прочитайте текст и вставьте подходящие по смыслу слова в пропуски. Вы можете использовать слово только один раз.
There is no doubt that money, in the form that we know it today, (1) is what keeps modern economic life functioning. Yet, throughout history, money, in whatever form, has provided people (2) with the ability to buy (3) and / or sell goods.
Thousands of years (4) ago, civilizations (5) used to rely (6) on the barter system as a way of exchanging goods. Within this system a person had to exchange one thing for another. This meant that the two parties involved had to (7) make / reach an agreement as to what they thought their products were worth. Items such (8) as wheat, tobacco and livestock have all been used as money at one time or another.
Grammar: Modal Verbs
Вставьте can или be able в правильной временной форме.
1. When the fog lifts we will be able to see where we are.
2. You've put too much in your suitcase you never will never be able to carry it.
3. Can you use the word professor?
4. He could / was able to skate all day and dance all night.
5. We were able to borrow umbrellas from the Smiths; so we didn't get wet.
Вставьте may или might в правильной временной форме.
1. He said that it might snow.
2. May I give you the hand with the dishes?
3. You should buy now; prices may go up.
4. May I stay with you?
5. I'd have thought you might remember your mother's birthday.
Вставьте must или have to в правильной временной форме.
1. You must read this book, it's great.
2. She felt unwell and had to leave early.
3. I hadn't enough cash and I had to pay by cheque.
4. You must do what mother says.
5. British pupils have to stay at school till the age of 16.
Вставьте mustn't или needn't в нужном месте ниеследующих предложений.
1. You need not ring the bell, I've got a key.
2. Exit doors mustn't be blocked during the performance.
3. You mustn't drink this, it is poison.
4. We needn't drive fast. We have a lot of time.
5. You mustn't drive fast; there is a speed limit.
Прочитайте приведённый ниже текст. Преобразуйте слова, напечатанные заглавными буквами в конце строк, обозначенных номерами B4–B13 так, чтобы они грамматически соответствовали содержанию текста. Заполните пропуски полученными словами. Каждый пропуск соответствует отдельному заданию B4–B13.
Last week I made a suggestion to my cousin Alex, offering
to take him to an amusement park. He was very excited
because it was his favourite place. However, from the moment I
picked him up, he was very noisy, which surprised me since
his behavior was normally very different. At one point,
while waiting to get on a ride, he disappeared. Luckily, the manager,
who was very helpful, found him an hour later amongst a crowd. Apparently, Alex had seen a famous basketball player and
wanted his autograph. He apologized to me immediately but I
was so angry at him that we left. It was then that I made the
decision never to take Alex out again.